American Farm School of Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki, Greece
Eleni Voukloutziis a STEM teacher. Her teaching subjects are Physics, Environmental Sciences and Chemistry to students aged between 15-18 years old. Eleni Voukloutzi's teaching aims to provide her students with necessary and useful tools in order to make science education more inspiring. Her objective is also to enhance cooperative and collaborative learning.
Eleni is an active use of ISE resources and participates regularly in ISE activities in Greece. She also submitted an entry to the 2014-2015 Learning with Light competition, which was of such high quality that it was Highly Commended.
Learning with Light competition entry
Eleni's entry to the competition is called " How a Rainbow can arise?". Describing her entry Eleni says:
Rainbows are among the most visually stunning phenomena in nature. My didactic proposal has been designed for students to investigate and answer questions about the formation, the shape, the observation time of a rainbow and the observer's appropriate position. Through selected virtual labs they understand the interaction of sunlight with small water drops in the atmosphere.
Here are some of the resources Eleni used in her entry:
- Hypothesis Tool from Go_Lab repository. It helps learners formulate hypothesis, http://www.golabz.eu/app/hypothesis-tool
- Data Viewer Tool from Go_Lab repository. It provides features for learners to organize and visualise the data from experiments, at the investigation phase, http://www.golabz.eu/apps/data-viewer
- Wiki gadget from Go_Lab repository. A text area at the investigation phase, http://www.golabz.eu/content/wiki-widget
- Observation Tool from Go_Lab repository, that allows students to record observations made while preparing, conducting and analyzing experiments, at the conclusion phase, http://www.golabz.eu/apps/observation-tool
- Input Box Tool from Go_Lab repository. A simple note taking app for the students, http://www.golabz.eu/apps/input-box