Presentation of the ATLAS experiment and the HYPATIA analysis tool in Doukas
The event took place on 12 February 2015 and wasan half day presentation and discussion on the ATLAS experiment and the HYPATIA analysis tool in premises of the Doukas school (Athens region).
The objective of the talks was to present the ATLAS experiment and the ISE project to the students For first time the students were exposed to the ISE HYPATIA demonstrator through its student's link. The students used the HYPATIA tool for first time through the demonstrator and not using an external link. They searched for Z and Higgs bosons and they also responded to the PISA assessment questions during the different phases of the presenation and the lab experience; their results were collected online and are used in order to evaluate the questions.
Program of the day:
- 10:00-11:00 Introduction to CERN, ATLAS and the new Boson; presentation of the '?two first phases of the HYPATIA ISE demonstrator (C.Kourkoumelis)
- 11:00-13:00 Hands-on in PC's: students use the HYPATIA tool from the third phase to look for Z and Higgs bosons (S.Vourakis, G.Vasileiadis)
- 13:00 ' 14:00 Virtual Visit to the ATLAS experiment at CERN (N.Tsirintanis, S.Angelidakis, C.Kourkoumelis, G.Vasileiadis)
- Acquaintance with the High-Energy Physics research and CERN
- Familiarization with the ISE project
- Familiarization with the HYPATIA event analysis tool