7 Finalists announced in Learning Scenarios Competition 2016
The Inspiring Science Education Competition committee are delighted to announce the finalists in the ISE Scenarios Competition which closed on 4 March 2016. The aim of this competition is to highlight excellence in the creation of learning scenarios or lessons based on the tools, resources and materials available in the Inspiring Science Education Portal.
The finalists in alphabetical order are:
- Beatriz Padn, Colexio M. Peleteiro, Spain Una bola de demolicin llena de energa
- Ciaran Nolan, Ard Scoil Ris, Ireland Ecological Relationships
- Cristina Nicolaita, Gheorghe Magheru School Caracal, Romania Equilibrium and balance
- Eleftheria Karagiorgou & Vasileios Spahos, 7th Senior High School of Trikala, Greece ChemBot: an Interdisciplinary approach to Chemistry and Robotics
- Henna Anunti, Valtari Upper Comprehensive School, Finland Signs of Seasons -Winter Case Study
- Jos Gonalves, Escola Secundria Dr. Jlio Martins, Portugal A cor dos objetos
- Panagiota Argyri, Evangeliki Model High School of Smyrna, Greece Climate change
This year's ISE competition has been all about recognising and rewarding teachers who create the most innovative and inspiring lessons and scenarios for others to use based on the tools, resources and materials available in the portal. This portal provides opportunities to make science education more challenging, more playful and above all more imaginative and inspiring for today's students.
Finalists will take part in the Inspiring Science Education International Conference taking place in Athens on 22-24 April where the overall winner will be announced. The prize for the winner of this year's competition is kindly sponsored by Vernier, partners in the ISE project.
Our thanks to everyone who took part and especially to the competition's hard-working team of judges whose names will be announced in the ISE website along with more details about the finalists in the coming days.
Read the press release.