Inspiring Science Education Conference 2016
The Inspiring Science Conference 2016 was held in Athens at the premises of Ellinogermnaiki Agogi between 22-24 April 2016. Educators, scientists, future teachers, policy makers, outreach organisations and interested stakeholders were invited to participate in this 3-day event of reflection and celebration of inspiring science teaching.
The aim of the ISE Conference 2016 was to present and discuss results and best practices from ISE's large scale implementations, as well as to provide an opportunity for researchers, teachers and policy makers to explore innovative approaches to science teaching, new technological applications in STEM, the role of Big Ideas in science teaching, and ultimately to offer a glimpse into the science classroom of the future.
The event included a ceremony for the winners of the ISE contest during the Athens Conference.
Both the national finals (Greek) of the F1 contest and the Quantum Spinoff contest were also held during the conference.
Principal Conference Themes
- Large scale implementations in primary and secondary science education
- Inspiring Science Education portal and tools for school use
- Assessing student problem solving skills
- Connecting schools to high-tech research & entrepreneurship
- Enhancing science teaching skills & competencies