Inspiring Science Education Academy 2016
The Inspiring Science Education Academy 2016 (ISE) is specifically designed for teaching professionals in STEM disciplines and consists of several courses. The main objectives of all ISE courses are to introduce teachers to implementing Inquire Based Science Education (IBSE). Teachers and education professionals will be trained in transferring the concept of scientific methodology into the classroom and linking it with the numerous collections of open digital educational resources to design innovative educational scenarios.
Participation in the course can befunded through theERASMUS+ Program. The deadline for schools' applications is2 February 2016, 12:00 CET. If you are interested in participating in theInspiring Science Education Academy, we can support you in preparing a successful application:
To find out more about the ISE 2016 Academy please visit ourwebsiteand join our community in theInspiring Science Portal.
Should you be interested to come to the ISE Academy, we invite you to participate in adedicated webinaroffered by the course organizers fromEllinogermaniki AgogionTuesday, 22nd of December, 14:00-16:00h CET.
The webinar will be accessible through this link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPoGvFika70.
By joining the course, you will be trained to:
- Know and understand the concepts and skills of inquiry based science education (IBSE)
- Bring into your classroom a unique collection of digital resources and tools
- Appropriately select and exploit freely available digital tools and resources to create educational scenarios that
- Understand the concept of 'Big Ideas of Science' as a mean of building multidisciplinary activities;
- Be able to develop strategies on how to embody new methodologies into the curriculum and science teaching practice;
- Be acquainted with the potential of popular social media tools, science outreach websites and European teachers' communities;
- Be part of the ISE community where teachers, teacher trainers, education policy makers, practicing scientists and others are included to discuss their learning and teaching practices and exchange ideas
- Have experienced a creative and inspired working atmosphere as well as a culture of collaboration among teachers of different science disciplines in organizing multidisciplinary activities